Wednesday, January 4, 2012

December 30, 2011: Evening setting in over MacArthur Park

This work was started on the beach near MacArthur Park, Singer Island, Florida.


The beach was no place to do the line work (and I was running out of daylight) so I took it back to the house. On the next day I applied more berry pigment and did the black line work.

Image circa December 30, 2011. (wet)
This was the first time that I didn't finish a work at one sitting.

Mounted. Image circ January 13, 2012.
About the materials:
Medium: Acrylic Glazing Liquid (Satin), Golden Mediums
Pigments: Solstice Bonfire Charcoal 2011 (Canaan, CT), Berries (Singer Island, FL)
Surface: Unprimed Duck
Mounting: Mounted canvas board (8 x 10) using Neutral pH Adhesive, Lineco, Inc.
Framed: Window box under glass.

Exhibition History:
n/a

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your constructive comments and insights.