Friday, November 11, 2011

November 2011: The Potato Eaters (after van Gogh)

A strange thing happened between here...

Sketchbook.

...it spoke to me of potatoes resting under their hill...

Drawing started.

...and there. But as I worked on it I began to see distorted faces with bulging eyes.

Wet image of drawing.

Then I remembered van Gogh's, The Potato Eaters. Another cosmic connection? Or just my imagination?


What do you think?

Finished and mounted 9 x 12 x 1.5 image circ November 16, 2011.

About the materials:
Medium: Acrylic Glazing Liquid (Satin), Golden Mediums
Pigments: Charcoal (Brier Island, Nova Scotia), Pokeberries, Rust, Wild Grapes (Canaan, CT), Black Walnut (Sharon, CT), Beach Rose Hips (East Beach, RI). Beet (Sheffield, MA)
Surface: Unprimed Linen
Mounting: Mounted on wood panel 9" x 12" x 1.5" using Neutral pH Adhesive, Lineco, Inc.

Exhibition History:
n/a


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your constructive comments and insights.