Friday, September 23, 2011

June 2011: Ravenna Park Ravine drawings, Seattle, Washington

In June 2011 were were in Seattle for Chaz's (Joey's son) graduation from the University of Washington.


What a great city! We had a blast and on our trip (blog of our trip)to the Olympic National Park .

I did tear myself away from naked bicyclists to take a walk into Ravenna Park picking some pigments along the way.




 
I found a nice spot overlooking the ravine and created these three drawings using the pigments I had gathered along the ravine trail...





 


 

...and right next to me where I sat on the ground.





About the materials:
Medium: Acrylic Glazing Liquid (Satin), Golden Mediums
Pigments:  Berries and grasses from along the trail and soil from my overlook spot.
Surface: White Cotton
Mounting: Mounted on canvas board using Neutral pH Adhesive, Lineco, Inc.
Framed: Unfinished wood under glass, 12" H x 15" L

Finishing the Into Ravenna drawing in September 2011:

Location photo taken looking down into Ravenna Park ravine.
Drawing done on location June 2011.

Line work sketched out on glass in my studio September 2011.
Photo (see above) that I worked from and surface with line sketch over it.





Finished Into Ravenna, with line drawing, mounted on 9" x 12" x 2" deep panel.


About the materials:
Medium: Acrylic Glazing Liquid (Satin), Golden Mediums
Pigments:  Berries and grasses from along the trail and soil from my overlook spot.
Surface: White Cotton
Mounting: Mounted on canvas board using Neutral pH Adhesive, Lineco, Inc.
Framed: Unfinished wood under glass, 12" H x 15" L

Exhibition History: Into Ravenna
September 2011 - 14th Colony Artists Group Show, Millterton, New York, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your constructive comments and insights.