Thursday, October 6, 2011

August 2011: About wrap-mounting drawings on 1.5" D panels

I have been having a hard time being satisfied with the presentation of these drawing with nature works. I have tried stretching  the linen and cotton on canvas stretchers, mounting the material on canvas board (most of the ones done before now are like that) and then fixing small blocks of wood on the back (to attach a hanging wire to) so they will float away from the wall and frames of all sorts (that's expensive).

But I think I have it now...

The wood panel (a thin wood panel glued to frame, the open frame back allows the hanging wire to be easily attached).


It provides a stable firm gluing surface to attach the linen or cotton to on top and when  wrapped around all sides.


Nice.


Here's how it looks while mounting (this will give you an idea of the dimension and look of the drawings that are mounted this way).


The wrapping around the sides extends the image and gives the work a very finished looking presentation.



So what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. This piece is beautiful, Bernie.
    (I don't have a URL, but since you ask for one, I do some work on Dick's at www.undoingdepression.com)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your constructive comments and insights.